Sunday, June 6, 2010

My First EVER Post!

Hello!

Welcome to my blog, Maddy's Sweet Life! I plan to share with you all things that make me happy - the things that make my life sweet. I will post photos I have taken, share some recipes I have tried and love, participate in a few blogging parties and discuss some of my favourite books and songs.

To get me started I am going to participate in my Mum's (Natasha from 5 Minutes Just for Me) Sunday Song blogging party.


The song I would like to share with you today is called Building a Family by the talented composer Mark Isham. I first heard this piece whilst watching the movie No Reservations starring Catherine Zeta-Jones, Aaron Eckhart and Abigail Breslin.




The movie is an adaptation of an original script by Sandra Nettelbeck, which served as the basis for the 2001 German film Mostly Martha.




Mum said that the music is also in the movie Life as a House starring Kevin Kline, Kristin Scott Thomas, Hayden Christensen and Mary Steenburgen. I haven't seen this movie because I am not allowed to watch anything rated M15+ (R in America), but Mum tells me that it is very thought-provoking.


I hope you like this song too! Let me know what you think!



Thank you for reading my first ever blog post! I hope you enjoyed it!

I hope you day is sweet,
Maddy

4 comments:

Sir and Miss said...

Hi there gorgeous Maddy,

Love your new blog! Doesn't read like you are new to blogland at all. You sound like a pro. Love the music although I must confess that John and I prefer the original German film, Mostly Martha, to the adaptation.

Love you lots,

Holly
x

ilovepink1078 said...

Congrats welcome to blogworld. You did right. Indeed this is very informative blog.

By the way, I followed you in Google connect. This is one way to keep in touch. Hope you do the same.
MAPEH homepage
Pink Go Green

Stacey 18 said...

Maddy,

you sound so mature in this blog.

I still think of you as a little girl with your fringe falling in your face and you pushing it back with your little hands.

I haven't seen either movie, so I will take the time to watch both and let you know what I think.

Lots of love

Stacey
XOXOXOX

LindyLouMac said...

Welcome to Blogging World. I can already see that I am going to enjoy following you Maddy.