Saturday, July 3, 2010

Back from the Beach

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog!

I'm sorry I haven't posted for a while - we went to Mooloolaba beach for the week!

Although it was too cold to go swimming in the ocean and the weather wasn't very pleasent on some days, we had plenty to do - we went on walks, read and caught up on sleep. I had a great time taking photos on our walks. Here are a few of my favourites -





















































































On the first night we were there we couldn't stop admiring the moon. We had good reason to be so amazed, as it turns out there was a partial lunar eclipse! We didn't know of the eclipse until the next morning so I didn't get any photos of it, but I did get some of the moon before the event.


































We also went to Montville for the day when we were there, which is about half an hours drive from Mooloolaba. We had high tea the Poet's Cafe, which is a beautiful French/English cafe in Montville.


























We also went to a great look-out point and admired the fabulous view of the countryside.


I especially loved this photo because of all the different shades of green you can see in the trees. The trees look amazing clustered together like that with all their different colours mingling. It's also great to see so many trees - it is good to know that our environment has a chance to survive deforestation.

The Many Shades of Green























Image taken by me, Maddy, aged 13.

I loved this photo so much that I decided to link it up to the latest Kids Click competition theme, 'Green'.

Thank you for having me, Simoney!

Well, thank you for visiting my blog! I hope you come back tomorrow for another Sunday Song!

I hope your day is sweet,

2 comments:

Simoney said...

Lovely Maddy, thanks so much for linking up!!
Your blog is looking great and I see your follower numbers creeping up! Good on you :)
xx

Alex Maria said...

Those pictures are amazing...it looks so peaceful there! And that rainbow you captured--lovely!